Pages

Planted By Waters

This is a place is where we share inspiration we have received.
A place that gives ideas that may enhance the walk of you own path in life.

Monday, May 17, 2010

The boab tree

I went to visit my friend out west recently,and in the middle of her town were a number of Boab or Bottle trees.
I was very taken with them and took several photos.I particularly liked the way one had long sweeping branches that went all the way to the ground,a good place to shelter on a hot day.
It would get very hot out that way in Summer I imagine.The  tree has what look like a big belly,that is filled with water,very advantageous in a drought.The other day,I visited an electrical store, displayed on all the TV screens simultaneously,was a picture of six Boabs in a desert with a stream running alongside.If I needed reminding that day,I certainly received it
I loved the analogy of the tree planted by waters, and the symbol we chose for our house name and  the name we have on the giving we do to favourite causes. a tree provides,shade for the weary,shelter from the wind,food for the hungry,and planted by the water it  is a representation of all that sustains life.
psalm 1 you shall be like a tree planted by waters
Gerrie